Mages of Gahlen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some questions regarding the forums

3 posters

Go down

Some questions regarding the forums Empty Some questions regarding the forums

Post  Zireli Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Ok, so just one question really: Is it possible to divide the users into user groups somehow?

What I mean is that we might want some information exclusive to Magi and not for the general public, and some information that might be exclusive to Elders (and above on the hierarchy) as well as something similar for Arch Magi and leadership.

(As an example: I'm not sure we would want non-Magi to have access to all the details about the history of the Magi, should that be posted.)

Zireli

Back to top Go down

Some questions regarding the forums Empty Re: Some questions regarding the forums

Post  Tumi Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 pm

What I did today was to make all topics not viewable to non-members.

What I am trying to do, is figure out how to block some things to some groups. I was hoping if i designate elders as moderators or something, I could block off the elder's area. It isn't visible right now, because I have it blocked to Admin only. I tried making Tumi an Admin, but that doesn't seem to have helped me. I'll keep working on it. Over Christmas for sure I'll be able to dedicate more time to getting this ticking well. I teach high school, so some weeks it's about survival... Smile
Tumi
Tumi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some questions regarding the forums Empty Re: Some questions regarding the forums

Post  Admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm

OK!! I found some advanced button thingies. So....I set up an elders group. If you are an elder, and you're not in 'orange', your name, let me know and I'll add you to the group.

If you are NOT an elder, and you can see the Elder forum, let me know? That means I've mucked up the permissions still and need to keep trying.

Thanks so much for those that have posted. I'm waiting still for an update/response from admin regarding the encyclopaedia project.

Thanks!

I'm working on my Admin panel on my laptop at work, and my Tumi login at home, to see how things are working. Any logos to use, pass them on!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://magesofgahlen.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Some questions regarding the forums Empty Elders, and stuff

Post  Admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Ok, so the Elder's Enclave seems to be accessible to just Elders. Your first task will to be to please post your spell research that you did for your elder task. Perhaps just use the spell name as the title. This will hopefully avoid overlap of spells for a long time, until we have more elders than spells.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://magesofgahlen.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down