Mages of Gahlen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mage Clone exploitation

5 posters

Go down

Mage Clone exploitation Empty Mage Clone exploitation

Post  Kaina Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Hey, kaina here. As I'm sure everyone knows, the mage clone spell has been disabled because of exploitation. I'm curios to know why and how the spell is exploited if anyone knows the answer. I was under the impression that anything that could be successfully cloned regardless of value was fair game because we had to risk blowing up the 1st item to begin with. Is it really against some kind of rule to clone certain items?

Kaina

Back to top Go down

Mage Clone exploitation Empty Re: Mage Clone exploitation

Post  Zireli Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 am

Kaina wrote:Hey, kaina here. As I'm sure everyone knows, the mage clone spell has been disabled because of exploitation. I'm curios to know why and how the spell is exploited if anyone knows the answer. I was under the impression that anything that could be successfully cloned regardless of value was fair game because we had to risk blowing up the 1st item to begin with. Is it really against some kind of rule to clone certain items?

I'm not going to mention any specifics. But something was cloned that should not have been possible to clone.

The end results were apparently unespected.

Zireli

Back to top Go down

Post  Drisdan Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:44 am

Yep, my bad. When I asked the admin why I did it, I told him, "I didn't think I could do it."

;cheers for being a gnome.

Drisdan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaina Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Why must everyone be so difficult... what was cloned?

Kaina

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:28 am

A corpse. Which when put in a pack, broke the pack as I understand it. You are correct Kaina, in that if it should not be cloned then...it should not be able to be cloned. How this is an exploit that in any way was adventageous for anyone in game is beyond me. This tends to happen though when things don't work how they 'should' and it's pointed out, the pointer outers get punished, rather than those who genuinely exploit and cheat.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://magesofgahlen.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarahya Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Ah the joys of NWa administration.

Sarahya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content